Monday, March 2, 2009

Blessed Assurance


I can't help but think that my Mom is smiling in Heaven today. I woke up singing one of her favorite laundry day songs. God is healing me giving me days with much less pain, and I am joyfully singing! Only, sorry Mom my version sounds a little froggier than yours! She used to belt out hymns while she did her housework and mostly when she was in the basement doing laundry. Some people sing in the shower. Some people sing and dance in their cars. Mom sang in the laundry room. I think that it all stems from the same theory though. Somehow, showers and cars must make people think they are invisible, I can't see them, they can't see me. Well, hopefully, that theory is true for the shower. YEWWW! So as they are bopping around in their cars singing at the top of their lungs (come on, I've been there and I bet you have too) thinking that nobody can see them. Mom belted from the basement and she had a beautiful voice. So this one is for you Mom...Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine! It's ok sing along if you would like, no one can see you as you sit in front of your computer. And surely that means that they won't hear you in the next room. REALLY!

No comments: